In this episode, Jessy and Rebekah welcome Eliza Simpson, Lauren Nordvig and their 3-year-old project baby, The Mother Line Story Project! It’s an amazing project that highlights stories that explore each performers mother line – their mothers, maternal grandmothers, maternal great-grandmothers, etc. It’s a fantastic project and guess what?! Our very own Vagina Jessy Caron is performing at the show this coming Wednesday! She’s going to be telling a story from the perspective of her mother! So come on down to the Town Stages this Wednesday, September 12th at 7pm to hear for yourself. You won’t be sorry.
- 00:44: Come to the Mother Line Story Project’s Third Anniversary PARTAY! It is at 7pm Wednesday, September 12th at the Town Stages. You can buy tickets here! Jessy will be telling a story on stage in a new dress and you won’t want to miss it!
- 02:00: We introduce our lovely guests! This week we welcomed Eliza Simpson, Founder and Executive Director of the Mother Line Story Project, alongside the organization’s Director of Education and Development Lauren Nordvig. You can read all about them here!
- 03:00: Oh my god the Florida Gators are so good. Here is a link to Alex McMurtry crushing it on floor with a back injury. Swoon.
- 07:15: Eliza talks us through the root of this project, about the pagan concept of a womb-to-womb connection and tells a story about her own mother line.
- 13:00: Eliza talks about the project and how it is used as a tool for story tellers to explore, and define, their own connections to their Mother Line.
- 14:30: Krista Tippet and the On Being Project is really awesome and you all should check it out!
- 15:00: Lauren talks about her experience as a story teller with The Mother Line Project and how her own mother reacted to seeing Lauren’s performance.
- 20:00: Here is a really interesting article from Discover Magazine all about the inheritance of genes and how we carry traces of the experiences of our ancestors! So cool.
- 22:00: Jessy talks about her experience being part of The Mother Line Project. Don’t forget, she will be performing her first story on Wednesday, September 12th live and in a new dress!!! Don’t miss it!
- 27:00: Lauren and Eliza tell us about the reactions that some men have had about the project after seeing a show. It is somewhat predictable but also, good. We all have a really good conversation about the importance of being an active supporter through listening.
- 31:00: The Mother Line went to Egypt!!!! You can (and should) watch the performance here.
- 35:00: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHERLINE!!!!!
- 36:00: For those of you who missed it here are the deets:
- The Mother Line Project is Turning 3!
- You can see the show on Wednesday, September 12th. Doors at 7pm, stories start at 8pm at The Town Stages in Manhattan! Again, get your tickets here!
- Follow the Mother Line project on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and visit their website!
Contact us! Watch us! Love us!