In this weeks episode Jessy and Rebekah discuss the important role that traveling has played in their lives, they interview Kicy Motley who is starting a bomb ass organization called Movement: Black Youth Abroad and then they regale one another with poop stories. It’s funny, it’s informative and it’ll make you want to get your wallets out to support an amazing opportunity for Black youth in America!
- 01:20: Here is a really awesome interview with Marta from Forbes!
- 01:30: Follow us on Instagram, god damnit! We are posting some really fun stuff. And soon we will be posting some stuff about sports!
- 09:10: Here is the website for Movement: Black Youth Abroad. Check it out! And make sure to sign up for their mailing list! You can find the link right there on their homepage.
- 11:30: Here is a little bit of information about Birthright Israel.
- 13:10: We weren’t lying. Jessy really DID fist bump a monkey and here is proof! (Also, make sure you follow her travel Insta, @waywardh0.)
- 20:00: Willing Workers on Organic Farms, or WOOFing, is an organization that connects people who want to learn about organic farming to people who want to share their lifestyles and are looking for volunteer help! It’s a really cool project. You can travel, stay places in exchange for labor, and learn all about farming techniques all around the world. Swoon.
- 26:50: James W. Loewen wrote an entire book about this called “Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism.” Here is a review of the book by America’s Black Holocaust Museum.
- 27:00: Just to remind people that Black people’s movement is still heavily restricted, in 2017 the NAACP issued a statewide travel advisory for the state of Missouri. The organization basically informed POC to travel through the state at their own risk due to a law that was passed that the NAACP says allows for legal discrimination. Read more about it here.
- 35:00: DONATE MONEY HERE
Here is all the info for Movement: Black Youth Abroad
- You can find all the information you want, and sign up for their newsletter, HERE.
- Here are some ways for you to GET INVOLVED.
- Don’t forget to GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. This is a 501C3, so that makes it tax deductible for those of you who keep track of those things.
- Here is the organization on Facebook
- And Instagram
- And Twitter!
Contact us! Watch us! Love us!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @welcometomyvagina
- Twitter: @welcometomyvag
- Jessy’s awesome YouTube videos! She’s crushing it
- Welcome to My Vagina HQ
- Rebekah’s blog!
- Our great producer Cait and all the other awesome projects by morebanana_