In this episode Jessy and Rebekah recount all about how this week was shit and then get into the wild world of masturbation. There are gods, there are doctors, there are doctors who think they are gods, there is a giant vibrator called “The Manipulator” that is coal powered and oh, so much more. Sit back, enjoy, and probably don’t consume liquids while listening because you might spit it out. Special shout out to Dr. Jenn and Dr. Erica, the two gynecologists behind the awesome podcast The V Word!!
- 01:20: Seriously. A restaurant is actually banning women from dining solo at the bar because they might be escorts. So solo women that come in have to move to a table. Give us a BREAK.
- 04:00: God forbid anyone try to help save people in this fucking country, you know?! Like, we get it that people shouldn’t be trespassing on federal land and whatnot, but we live in a country run by a man who is trying to strip a lot of national park land of its protected status so he can open it up to development so this seems a little out of step. Seems to us like maybe the problem is that these women were trying to help immigrants. What do you think?
- 05:30: Here is our episode with Kicy Motly about how borders are actually just a bunch of bullshit. And some other things.
- 07:15: The Global Advisory Board for Sexual Health and Wellbeing is pretty fucking amazing. It was established in 2016 to “advocate for a positive and inclusive approach to sexuality” and has since made it its mission to establish sexual pleasure as a human right!
- 08:00: Check out this interview with Lora Haddack, Founder and CEO of Lora Dicarlo, and Lola Vars, the Technical Director of the company, about the treatement their product received at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
- 09:00: Here is the home page for Lora Dicarlo and Ose which, if you ask us, looks pretty fucking spectacular. This is a great resource to learn more about this amazing tool AND gender bias at the CES!
- 10:45: Here is another great resource. Awesome article by Emily Dreyfuss of Wired that addresses the orgasm gap and all sorts of other things.
- 12:15: Here is a really fantastically rigorous history of masturbation from Psychology Today, written by Martha S. Rosenthal, PhD.
- 12:25: Doctors didn’t call the releases that women experienced orgasms, but instead they called them paroxysms because the going thought of the time was that women were incapable of sexual feelings and so they could not possibly experience orgasms like men. Woah. The patriarchy is real, y’all.
- 13:00: Also from Psychology Today, but this time by Michael Castleman, M.A., is this article on the history of vibrators. Check it out. It is totally wild.
- 13:15: Here is a link to the first chapter of The Technology of Orgasm by Rachel P. Maines.
- 19:00: Here is a link to our episode about things not to put in your vagina! It’s a hoot!
- 19:30: Omg gall wasps are back. And we have discovered that the creepy Etsy guy selling wasp shit for your vagina is actually just Alfred Kinsey reincarnate. Anyway, here is an article about him. Kinsey. Not the Etsy guy. Or is it….?
- 28:30: So they totally were into self-flagellation in Victorian England but, surprise surprise, there was also a kinky side! Check out this article in Salon!
- 28:45: Here is some info about Ben Wa Balls in case you don’t know what they are. They are curiously similar to the shi shi product sold by Goop for $65 called Jade Eggs which we talked aaaaaallllll about on our episode about what not to put in your vagina which is linked here again. Note that the material these things are made from matters.
- 32:30: Here is the article by Ann Friedman about masturbation as the last taboo. Great read. Highly recommend.
- 40:20: Here is the app HappyPlayTime that aims to eliminate the stigma arounf female masturbation! Wow!
Contact us! Watch us! Love us!