On this week’s episode, Jessy and Rebekah discuss Matt Whitaker, Jeff Sessions’ replacement as Attorney General. Now, Jeff Sessions was for sure a racist so we’re not sad to see him go. But Whitaker? He’s something else. You’re favorite hosts then move on to FOSTA/SESTA, a bill signed into law that seriously restricts expression on the internet all under the guise of trying to disrupt sex trafficking. There have already been a lot of serious implications, including some ways in which we personally have been effected. It’s sort of a serious episode but don’t you worry, we wrap that shit up with a few well placed dad jokes so fasten your seatbelts and get ready to laugh (and maybe fill with dread) until you queef.
- 01:30: According to the Des Moines Register, during the Iowa Family Leader debate back in 2014, in reference to potential judges Whitaker went on the record as saying, “I’d like to see things like their world view, what informs them. Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice?… I’m a New Testament. And what I know is as long as they have that world view, that they’ll be a good judge.” Religion should not be involved in the law, but this quote directly rejects both Judaism and the Muslim faith which predate the New Testament.
- 02:00: Here is an article about the Ten Commandments and The Supreme Court!
- 02:30: If you read nothing else that we post in the notes, PLEASE read this. Here is an article from Playboy. About Whitaker’s big dick toilets. You’re welcome.
- 07:00: If you missed it, here is the totally awesome Camel Toe video. Watch at your own risk since apparently this is censorship worthy. (Insert eye roll here.)
- 11:30: Here is a link to the organization Survivors Against SESTA. There is a lot of information and A TON of resources for people who want to get involved in this fight. This is super, super important.
- 11:35: Here is a link to the American Sex Podcast episode on FOSTA/SESTA. Give it a listen it is incredibly informative.
- 12:45: This is Jonathan Corbett’s blog post. It goes into a lot of the ways in which this new legislation is effecting all of us I our day-to-day lives in ways we never could have expected.
- 14:45: IT’S LIKE FOSTA/SESTA FIGHT CLUB!
- 16:30: Here is a link to Freedom Network USA. Check them out.
- 18:45: This is a link to the study entitled “Craigslist’s Effect on Violence Against Women” which was put out by Gregory DeAngelo from West Virginia University along with Scott Cunningham and John Tripp of Baylor University.
- 22:00: TITS AND SASS!!!!
- 23:00: And here is a link to a Wiki page about John Schools, which are apparently way more prevalent than either of us knew. But they are just as ineffective as we imagined. Shocker.
- 26:00: Here is a link to information about the Communications Decency Act.
- 31:30: Check out our conversation with Olivia and Maya, two totally rad students from Wesleyan University who go to high schools to teach sex ed!
- 33:30: You can learn all about Kitty Striker here!
- 38:00: We’re famous! WE’RE FAMOUS! It’s really happening! We were talked about in an article by the Electronic Frontier Foundation!
Contact us! Watch us! Love us!