In this episode of Welcome to My Vagina, Jessy and Rebekah talk holidays, sit down and dish with the cohosts of Frau Pow, an awesome podcast on the More Banana network and then highlight a few awesome women in sports! It’s thought-provoking, informative and full of that brand of holiday cheer that you only get by being called a commie bitch by your uncle. Strap in, it’s quite a ride!
- 01:30: This is a serious question for our listeners. What do you do when someone in your family says something you disagree with? Or, worse, says something that is racist, sexist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, transphobic, etc.? And what if you are the only one who disagrees? What is the best course of action, taking into consideration your own emotional and mental safety and the fact that this is your family? We would love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 03:11: For those of you who don’t know, “guinea plank” refers to the Verrazzano Bridge which connects Brooklyn and Staten Island. According to the ultimate resource Urban Dictionary, the term is “derived from the stereotype that Italians, escaping from Brooklyn, use this bridge to get to the one neighborhood they can escape to.” Who knew.
- 09:30: PLEASE REVIEW US!
- 10:00: Go to www.welcometomyvagina.com to sign up for our newsletter! It comes out on the opposite Tuesday from the podcast so you can have us in your ears and your inboxes every single week. Do it.
- 10:30: Check out Frau Pow!
- 11:00: We are really working on getting microaggressions out of our vocabulary and it is very, very hard.
- 24:00: Follow us on Instagram! We’re sort of killing it over there. Find us at @welcometomyvagina
- 24:13: Here is an excerpt from Kathrine Switzer’s memoir, Marathon Woman.
- 24:45: As promised, here’s the video of Switzer’s boyfriend pushing that motherfucker off Kathrine when he tried to take her race bib!
- 25:30: Here is the official trailer for “Battle of the Sexes!” Check it out!
- 26:30: Here is the article that Serena Williams wrote for CNN following the birth of her daughter. You all should give it a read.
- 29:00: The New York Times has been working on belatedly running the obituaries of incredible women who they didn’t write about at the time of their death because of misogyny. And Jackie Mitchell is among them. Read her obit here.
- 32:00: Here is Misty Copeland dancing on Prince’s piano! So badass.
Contact us! Watch us! Love us!
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @welcometomyvagina
- Twitter: @welcometomyvag
- Jessy’s awesome YouTube videos! She’s crushing it
- Welcome to My Vagina HQ
- Rebekah’s blog!
- Our great producer Cait and all the other awesome projects by morebanana_
Listen to Frau Pow! And Get in touch with them!