In this episode, Jessy and Rebekah get to chat with Mariah Freya, co-founder of beducated.com, all that way from her home in Germany! We learned about tantric sex, her journey through the world of sexual awakening and made a new friend! We also learned a little about where the term “G-spot” came from, how small the world of birth control is AND how mattresses are a total scam. This episode has it all, so get ready!!
- 01:10: Check out this article from The Independent all about Ernst Grafenberg!
- 05:30: Want to know more about this lunchtime procedure, this “G-shot for your G-spot?” You can read this article from HuffPo about the procedure and the MAN WHO INVENTED IT. Excuse us while we roll our eyes so hard we give ourselves headaches.
- 07:30: In case you haven’t traveled back in time recently, you can do it right now! And listen to our inaugural episode, Vulva Shame!
- 09:00: Curious about what Beducated is all about? Check out the website here!
- 12:00: The term “tantra” does not itself refer to sex. The primary meanings of the word are “framework, system,” referring to a system of practice, “doctrine, theory” and “scripture.” From what we found, it basically refers to a scripture that teaches a system of practice. Some people also say it refers to weaving. Who knows.
- 17:00: **Trigger warning on this article.** Sawmi Vivekananda Saraswait has run a school called Agama Yoga on the Thai island of Koh Phangan. As of the publication of this article from the Guardian, 14 women and two men have claimed that the retreat has facilitated sexual assault, rape and misogynistic teachings resulting in hundreds of women being “brainwashed” into have sex with the Swami in an effort to achieve enlightenment.
- 21:00: Betty Dodson is known in certain circles as the “godmother of masturbation,” thanks in part to her 1973 best seller Sex for One: The Joy of Selfloving. She has hosted workshops in her apartment since the 80s that teach women about their bodies, loving themselves and achieving orgasm. Super interesting lady.
- 21:43: You can see some of Betty Dodson’s art here. She also puts out paper and art supplies during some of her classes to have women draw their own vulvas. Pretty rad!
- 26:00: In case this bit is a little confusing, you can get some background information on it by listening to our episode FOSTA/SESTA: Change or Disappear.
- 28:30: Doubtful about orgasmic birth? Here is an article about it from Glamour Magazine. It is interesting because it looks at how birth normally occurs in the United States – in the hospital setting – and how the lack of freedom of movement women are afforded doesn’t allow them to have this experience. You can also learn more by watching this documentary called “Orgasmic Birth: The Best-Kept Secret” directed by doula and orgasmic birth activist and educator Debra Pascali-Bonaro.
- 30:45: Here is a link to the episode of Adam Ruins Everything all about the mattress industry!
- 31:30: So apparently it is the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) that regulates all things mattress. Unless the mattresses include some sort of medical device at which time they are overseen by the US Food and Drug Administration.
Contact us! Watch us! Love us!
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @welcometomyvagina
- Twitter: @welcometomyvag
- Jessy’s awesome YouTube videos! She’s crushing it
- Welcome to My Vagina HQ
- Rebekah’s blog!
- Our great producer Cait and all the other awesome projects by morebanana_
Also ,follow Mariah!:
- Her website: beducated.com
- Instagram: @beducated_com